We have received confirmed reports of unauthorised fishing on our waters by people who are not Club members. The Police are aware and do keep an eye on the venues but please be aware and act accordingly if you think that you have witnessed poaching taking place at any of our waters or elsewhere:
Please note the following helpful guidance issued by the Police:
" Have you seen something that doesn't look right?
Help us stop people damaging your sport.
If you see anyone fishing illegally, please don't approach them yourself.
Call us, the POLICE, by dialling 101 and tell us:
1. Exactly where the alleged offence is happening
2.The methods used
3. How many people are involved and a description of them
4. A description and the registration numbers of any vehicles
5. Whether it is happening at that moment
6. Whether this happens regularly at this location "
The Metropolitan Police have also launched a new initiative to combat poaching that goes under the name of Project Ghillie. More details can be found by clicking this LINK
Last Updated (Thursday, 21 February 2013 21:01)